What is IPL- INTENSE PULSED LIGHT TREATMENT?
IPL is a non-invasive light based technology used to permanently reduce unwanted hair and improve many skin conditions. Such condition as age spots, sun spots, freckles, superficial capillaries and other unsightly discoloration of the skin can be eliminated using this skin rejuvenation technology. IPL is also incredibly effective for those of us who suffer from Rosacea and can even stimulate fibroblast causing increased collagen production in your skin for a more natural, lively, healthier looking you!
Do IPL hair removal Treatments Hurt?
- No skin desensitization is required
- You may feel a slight level of discomfort with each application
- This will reduce as the area being treated responds to the therapy
Are there any side effects?
- Short term effects are possible
- Redness can occur in the area being treated
- This will disappear soon after the treatment
What about down time after the laser hair removal treatment?
- Generally you can return to normal activities straight after treatment only avoiding spas, saunas and excessive exercise for 24 hours.
- A minimum of 4 weeks is required before treated areas can be exposed to sunlight, it is recommended that all clients use a good SPF on the area throughout the treatment process.
Number of treatments and treatment frequency for each application:
Permanent hair removal / reduction:
8 - 10 treatments spaced four to six weeks apart
To download IPL hair removal (Intense Pulsed Light Treatment ) brochure, Please click on our Adelaide laser clinic PDF here.