What is IPL- INTENSE PULSED LIGHT TREATMENT?
IPL is a non-invasive light based technology used to permanently reduce unwanted hair and improve many skin conditions. Such condition as age spots, sun spots, freckles, superficial capillaries and other unsightly discoloration of the skin can be eliminated using this technology. IPL is also incredibly effective for those of us who suffer from Rosacea and can even stimulate fibroblast causing increased collagen production in your skin for a more natural, lively, healthier looking you!
Do IPL Treatment Hurt?
- No skin desensitization is required
- You may feel a slight level of discomfort with each application
- This will reduce as the area being treated responds to the therapy
Are there any side effects?
- Short term effects are possible
- Redness and swelling can occur in the area being treated
- This will disappear soon after the treatment
What about down time after the treatment?
- Generally you can return to normal activities straight after, avoiding spas, saunas and excessive exercise for 24 hours.
- A minimum of 4 weeks is required before treated areas can be exposed to sunlight and we recommend using a good SPF on the area throughout treatment.
Number of treatments and treatment frequency for Vascular lesions:
- 4 - 6 treatments spaced two to three weeks apart
To download IPL - Intense Pulsed Light Treatment brochure, Please click here.