Getting hitched? Here's 10 spray tanning tips before the big day!
Every bride wants to look their best on their wedding day but nothing highlights a pale complexion quite like a white (or ivory) gown. That's why so many brides opt to include a spray tan as part of their beauty preparations for the big day.
To ensure your wedding-day tan is everything you hoped, and more, here are our top 10 spray tanning tips to ensure your glow is nothing short of perfect:
- When it comes to spray tanning, there are so many different shades to choose from. Thus, it's imperative to have a trial run to ensure you are happy with the colour beforehand.
- Ask for a glow, not a tan. While you want a tan, it's not good to get something too dark as this will just look strange against that stunning white gown. For weddings, lighter is best. You want to look radiant, not like you've spent the summer on a deserted island. The spray tanning technicians know best so ask them for something that will give you a golden glow - or something to that effect.
- Preparation is key! For best results, make sure you exfoliate first. This helps to remove the top layer of dead skin cells, ensuring your tan looks flawless and lasts longer. But don't use just any exfoliating product! For optimum results you need to use one specifically designed for tanning so it doesn't interfere with the spray tan solution. We recommend Norvell Exfoliator Body Scrub.
- Need to shave or wax? Then make sure you get onto this a day or two before your tan. If you do it afterwards, you run the risk of just taking off the tan as well.
- After applying your spray tan don’t have a shower for at least eight or so hours.
- No bride wants a streaky tan so it's imperative that you don't participate in any vigorous activities that make you perspire for at least four hours after your tan; sweat is a culprit for creating streaks, running and unwanted patches.
- While we want you smelling amazing on your wedding day, it's certainly best to avoid wearing perfume for a few days before your spray tan. This is simply because certain fragrances can permeate the skin and interfere with tanning solutions, create a peeling effect. Not good for any bride!
- Also, it's a big tanning no-no to wear deodorant, makeup or moisturiser on the day of your tan. This is simply because some products can prevent the tan actually applying to the skin. Worse still, some deodorants have been known to turn the tan green! Trust us ladies, it's not worth it. Especially before your wedding day! When it comes to smelling good, just go solo before your tan - it's better to be safe than sorry!
- However, after your tan though, it's a different story... moisturise til your little heart is content. The more you moisturise the longer your tan will last. We recommend moisturising at least every morning, night, and after taking a shower. To ensure your tan lasts the test of time, we recommend St Tropez Tan Enhancing Moisturiser.
- A pasty groom standing next to a lovely golden bride isn't a good look! So do yourself a favor, if you're going to get a spray tan, it's generally a good idea to get the entire wedding party tanned as well. If everyone (men included) has a subtle tan, it could make all the difference to your photos.